All treatments at our clinic are based on evidence-based and best practice guidelines. Based on these guidelines and your family’s needs, your clinician will advise you on the most appropriate treatment for your child and family
Individual sessions of therapy
We consider counselling to involve the provision of a range of services to our families and young people which can include:
- Initial assessment to discuss background information, current issues of concern and clarification of important therapeutic goals and direction
- Further assessment as required depending on level of concern and complexity of the family situation or individual young person
- Specific evidenced-based manualised interventions (such as the highly effective Cognitive Behavioural Programs for children with anxiety, depression and self-esteem issues)
- General behavioural interventions and recommendations for parents concerned about their young child’s behaviour or emotional state
- Liaising with schools and other services to ensure appropriate inter-agency understanding and a “team approach”
- Working with other agencies such as speech pathologists, occupational therapists, paediatricians and other allied health professionals to ensure accurate diagnosis and treatment
- Individual sessions for children and young people to have the space to voice their concerns and problem-solve new ways forward and new ideas for making the most of their situation
How do I make an appointment to see a psychologist?
CLICK HERE to contact our friendly receptionists who will help you better understand how our referral process works and ensure you or your child is allocated to the most appropriate psychologist for your circumstances.
At the READ Clinic there are a range of assessments for a variety of purposes. We take the assessment of children very seriously and will always provide a comprehensive report explaining all the tests that we have used, a complete explanation of the results, our opinion regarding the potential diagnosis being assessed and a comprehensive list of recommendations so as you can best support your child.