Andrew is a Registered Psychologist who commenced working at READ Clinic in 2007
Andrew is a registered psychologist who first started working at the READ Clinic in 2007. He completed a BSc (Psychology) and Honours Degree at the University of NSW in 1994. Andrew started at the READ clinic as a consulting psychologist and subsequently became one of three Directors in 2012 taking over from the clinics founding members.
Andrew has worked as a psychologist for the past 20 years providing evidence based clinical interventions to children, adolescents, families, couples, and adults from a range of backgrounds. He also enjoys running group programs and regularly facilitates children and parenting groups. Andrew also conducts educational and diagnostic assessment at the clinic. He helped coordinate the READ Clinic’s Intern Program and regularly provides supervision to Psychologists.
Andrew specialises in a number of therapeutic approaches, including: Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR); Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT); Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT); and the use of Mindfulness.
Andrew’s areas of interest include:
- Adult and Child Trauma
- Attachment and Relationship Issues
- Child and Adult – Depression
- Panic Disorder
- Separation Anxiety
- Bereavement and Loss & Grief
- Child and Adult Sleep Problems
- Behaviour Management and Parenting
- ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- Conduct Disorders
- Child and Adolescent Issues
- Stress Management
- Marital Relationship Issues
- Issues Impacting Separated Families
- Working with Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Groups.
Andrew works: Monday 8:00am – 5:00pm, Tuesday 9:30am – 2:30pm, Thursday 8:00am – 5:00pm, Friday 9:00am – 4:00pm & Saturdays 8:00am – 5:00pm